Heroes Mountain Trail, Bike Trail Fort Bonifacio
Part I of finding refuge in the city, without actually leaving the city. Part ll can be found here Not going to lie, I love Manila but I often feel trapped in this concrete jungle so I am frequently finding ways to get out of the city. When I start to get that itch and can't get away I go to my list of places to visit and it usually reconnects with my hunger for exploration. Manila is so deep and so vast it could take decades to unearth it's various barangays, I will happily accept the challenge.
A friend had mentioned a bike trail right in The Fort and I had no idea or concept of how that would work. Well, nestled in between the C5 and BGC is in fact a lovely bike trail, Heroes Mountain Bike Trail. It's well maintained, cheap and easy to get to. The effort for this activity was minimal and had a big pay off. It is a great family activity for a weekend, holiday or even free afternoon. As you pass by the Heritage Park Mortuary and Cemetery (which as morbid as it sounds is totally a place you can spend time at just for nature purposes) on your left there is a white gate; enter here. There is a small booth that sells some drinks and is also where you register by signing a waiver and paying a 50php fee per rider. *There are no bikes for rent. If you know of a place near by that does rent bikes I would love to know.
Things To Know:
- Heroes Mountain Bike Trail is fairly responsive on FB. Send them inquiries if needed.
- The trail is located in The Fort but on the back side of McKinely Hill and the cemetery. You can get to eat easily from BGC or the C5.
- There are no bikes for rent.
- Entrance fee is 50 pesos.
- Pack a picnic to enjoy the nature just a bit longer. There are drinks for sale.
- To finish off your day of fun visit the neighboring driving range on the army base.